Phobik is a self-taught artist from Hollywood, CA. Starting with gory, angst-filled drawings, he quickly progressed into bright colored paintings, drawing inspiration from comic book superheroes to He-Man cartoons.
He's collaborated on canvas and concrete with everyone from Septerhed to MadMan, and recently wrapped a dual show at LA's Stone Malone gallery with Ratchet Man.
First album you bought?
Limp Bizkit - Significant Other
Last album you bought?
Ghostface Killah - 36 Seasons
System of a Down / Mars Volta at the Long Beach Arena
Post Malone / Og Maco-Hamoneverything
Was there one album that made a significant impression on you?
Who is your musical hero?
How important is music to your creative process?
Imagination needs a soundtrack. As an Artist you gotta try to fit this huge movie worthy story into one scene. sometimes the chords of a background song make the Art Piece come together in a different, satisfying way.
1. Deftones - My Own Summer (Shove It)
2. Led Zeppelin - Since I've Been Loving You
3. Jimi Hendrix - Machine Gun
4. Ghostface Killah - Love Don't Live Here No More
5. Queens of the Stone Age - Make it wit chu
6. Queens of the Stone Age - You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar, But I Feel Like A Millionaire
7. Dimmu Borgir - Puritania
8. GZA - Liquid Swords
9. Black Sabbath - N.I.B
10. Janis Joplin - Summertime
Check out Phobik's mix below, download it directly here, or subscribe to the Background Noise podcast on iTunes. Be sure to like Background Noise on Facebook for updates on future episodes. You can browse ALL the Background Noise episodes here. Check out Phobik's Instagram here.